Polka Doodles Week 20

This weeks challenge over at Polka Doodles has been set by Fliss and tha challenge was to make something with mum in mind and use the colours orange ( or peach ) and blue! No anyone who knows me will know that my Mum and I do not speak ( long story for another day ) so I have used my Nan as my inspiration! She is amazing! She is still a dinner lady at 72, she still finds time to do everything for everyone and she still looks amazing, she looks younger now than she does in the picture!!! I found this fab pic of her with me when I was younger ( I am not much taller now he he! ) and I happen to be wearing a peach dress! So I decided that this was the time to go nuts and make a scrapbook page!!!

The page is 8" x 8" and tha base is co-ordinations cardstock which I got reduced at HobbyCraft. The orange gingham is from All Around and Everywhere. I have stamped the corners and inked along the edges of the page for some added texture. The flowers I love and to make them I printed out some of the small blue dotty paper from the same CD, I cut 16 small scallop circles with my nesties and inked the edges with a darker blu ink. Next I used my newly purchased Tim Hotlz mini misters and saoked them with water ( note to self - next time wait for the ink to dry ) then I scrunched them all up into tiny wet balls. Before they dried I carefully unwrapped them and layered them up into 2 piles of 8. I secured them all together with a brad and did a bit more scrunching ubtil they looked like flowers!!! When they were all dry I just added some stickles for some sparkle! The word Nanny has been printed form All Around and Everywhere, I printed some more blue dotty paper than printed the alphies onto that then just punched them out with a 1" circle punch! The picture has been die vut with nesties and layered up and for a finishing touch I made a swirl using shades of blue eyeleys!!! Phew and relax!!!!


2 comments:

~JulieH~ said...

Fabulous Stacey! How cute you look with your nan! Love love love those flowers and how cleverare you making an eyelet swirl! Love it!
Hugs
Juliexx

Claire Phillips said...

Lovely page and those flowers are fabulous!

Newer Post Older Post Home